Carnivore Tropical Fish Primary Diets

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Favourite Carnivore Fish Diets

• Frozen Foods (E,g Frozen Fish, Krill, Bloodworms ect.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mixture Dried Foods & Natural

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't see an issue with live food in general (Vertebrate & Invertebrate!) If it is done above all responsibly & naturally. However I strongly see an issue in Live feeding Vertebrates without necessity & the possible risks that come with Live Feeding Vertebrates (Fish).

Responsibly: Responsible Reason, Non Abusively, Safely, Respectfully.

Naturally: Prey-Predator, Observation of Natural Feeding Response, Natural Death - No Unnecessary Suffering.

Both Prey and Predator must be given the respect nature provides in the wild as much as possible within the bounds of animal captivity.
Likewise It Is also the responsibility of the Live Feeder that the Live Food has been bred in safe conditions, without the threat of jeopardising both the Prey and Predator health, It is the Live Feeders responsibility to insure the live food does not endure unnecessary & unnatural suffering.

The fact remains that there is always other more beneficial options for the fish and fish keeper.

Keeping a domesticated & non-domesticated animal (Pet) is the mutual share and interest to see what works equally best for one another.

I myself at the moment, would not feed a live vertebrate (Fish) if given the choice. I personally don't see myself in the position to feed or see the necessity considering live food has similar nutritional value to frozen & is equally as natural. At the end it's still food. And the frozen option is still there.
However, I myself wish to have an open mind in these sensitive situations.

Nature under captivity can never be considered 100% nature. However we should attempt to give each animal as natural life as possible under captivity. I personally don't believe or agree with the argument that live feeding is to be considered more "Natural", Nor should this argument be solely used to justify live feeding of vertebrates.

Frozen Food the majority of the time is just as natural as live feeding considering captivity. Especially considering most predators will scavenge.

There are multiple methods other than live feeding to stimulate "Prey & Predator".

Personally, I would not encourage anyone take the risk, effort & moral justification of Live feeding vertebrates. (Live Fish & Live Mammals) Unless it's really necessary.

All fish deserve respect which is a natural environment & natural options that are possible within the bounds of captivity, especially under captivity. Nature cannot always love, but we should ❤️ :good:

Common Sources:

Note: (Edited version of the original post for more relevance)

I don't see an issue with live food in general (Vertebrate & Invertebrate!) If it is done above all responsibly & naturally. However I strongly see an issue in Live feeding Vertebrates without necessity & the possible risks that come with Live Feeding Vertebrates (Fish).

Responsibly: Responsible Reason, Non Abusively, Safely, Respectfully.

Naturally: Prey-Predator, Observation of Natural Feeding Response, Natural Death - No Unnecessary Suffering.

Both Prey and Predator must be given the respect nature provides in the wild as much as possible within the bounds of animal captivity.
Likewise It Is also the responsibility of the Live Feeder that the Live Food has been bred in safe conditions, without the threat of jeopardising both the Prey and Predator health, It is the Live Feeders responsibility to insure the live food does not endure unnecessary & unnatural suffering.

The fact remains that there is always other more beneficial options for the fish and fish keeper.

Keeping a domesticated & non-domesticated animal (Pet) is the mutual share and interest to see what works equally best for one another.

I myself at the moment, would not feed a live vertebrate (Fish) if given the choice. I personally don't see myself in the position to feed or see the necessity considering live food has similar nutritional value to frozen & is equally as natural. At the end it's still food. And the frozen option is still there.
However, I myself wish to have an open mind in these sensitive situations.

Nature under captivity can never be considered 100% nature. However we should attempt to give each animal as natural life as possible under captivity. I personally don't believe or agree with the argument that live feeding is to be considered more "Natural", Nor should this argument be solely used to justify live feeding of vertebrates.

Frozen Food the majority of the time is just as natural as live feeding considering captivity. Especially considering most predators will scavenge.

There are multiple methods other than live feeding to stimulate "Prey & Predator".

Personally, I would not encourage anyone take the risk, effort & moral justification of Live feeding vertebrates. (Live Fish & Live Mammals) Unless it's really necessary.

All fish deserve respect which is a natural environment & natural options that are possible within the bounds of captivity, especially under captivity. Nature cannot always love, but we should ❤️ :good:

Common Sources:

Note: (Edited version of the original post for more relevance)
In relations, You may find a similar information & interesting opinions in relations to Tropical Carnivorous Predatory Diets, Aswell as possible legal implications based of location and purpose.

(Smaller & Larger Specimens of the Aquarium Hobby.)

https://www.fishforums.net/threads/feeder-fish-mini-faq-the-pros-and-cons.148384/
Below you may read a relevant quotation from the Author nmonks
Finally, treat the feeders with respect. Use feeder fish of suitable size that they will be killed quickly. Don't contrive cruel situations where the prey animal dies by inches. If you are going to use feeder fish, at least do so intelligently and for the good of the fish you are keeping, not merely for the fun of watching one animal kill another.

Most reactions

trending

Back