Can't start new thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ellie Potts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is a completely unrelated concern but I can't post any threads? So I'm having to ask for help here... I'm not sure why, but I've had a snail issue and when I went to ask about it I noticed I can't post threads. I can type in a thread title, then the thing that says "is this already being discussed" pops up. I can click on the links, or X that out, but the little box where you write your message never comes up. Because of this, I can't post a thread. What am I doing wrong?? I feel like I'm just being stupid

@Ellie Potts
I have moved your post to create a new thread since you were unable to.
it's probably something to do with the site upgrade a few hours ago. I know that dascrow asked everyone to let him know if there were any problems. I have just experimented - like you I get the thread title box, the 'already discussed' list but I do get the reply box at the bottom of the list so it look like this bug has been solved.

@Ellie Potts
I have moved your post to create a new thread since you were unable to.
it's probably something to do with the site upgrade a few hours ago. I know that dascrow asked everyone to let him know if there were any problems. I have just experimented - like you I get the thread title box, the 'already discussed' list but I do get the reply box at the bottom of the list so it look like this bug has been solved.
I think you're right! I no longer have this problem, thanks!

Hmm, it still works OK for me. What device do you use, it may be something specific to that. I use a MS laptop and that doesn't have a problem.

Hmm, it still works OK for me. What device do you use, it may be something specific to that. I use a MS laptop and that doesn't have a problem.
I use an HP laptop. It normally only lasts a few hours. Not sure what's up

Mine's Lenovo, MS Windows 10 (not Mac or anything like that). Though I must admit I don't often start new threads, I mainly reply in other members' threads.

I've tagged dascrow in the thread about the site upgrade in the Announcements forum to see if he can make anything of it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back