Can't keep temperature stable throughout tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Both thermometers are now at 28C :D and the snails are mooching around on the sand and the rocks. I'll check them again in the morning after it's been cold overnight.

Thank you all for your input!

I faffed around with the filter too. Turns out part of the sponge was actually jamming the impeller a bit. Oops. So I rearranged the media and now the flow is better. I put the spray bar on too. Now I'm worried that the current is too strong for Benny...

Oh thanks for that Nickau, the page hadn't refreshed so I didn't see that video. Never seen a filter like that before! Looking at the flow on that I think mine might be ok.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular opinion bettas can handle a little current, As long as your betta can hover in one spot without being pushed around by the current its fine. My Crown tail actually loves to plat with the air bubbles and the current, He will swim past the outlet just so he can pretend hes upset and it gives him an excuse to flare at it. Oh Ok he dont need an excuse he just flares at everything.

Both thermometers are at 27C this morning and the snails are all in the bottom. They've been out and about overnight too because there are tracks everywhere from where they've dragged their shells along.

Haha. They're all so different. Mine never flares at anything. The current is fine I think, he seems ok.

Looks like that was a nice simple fix :)

I love it when things like that work out nicely.

Yep it seems to have done the trick! Thanks for your help all :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back