Cant get a Baby Gar to Eat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kornel351

Reaction score
I brought a gar 3 or 2 days ago . Put him with a jack dempsey that pretty much picked on him and physically attacked him but all this Has now subsided the jack no longer bothers him. But i have just realized that a little piece of his long mouth is missing which is the just a little bit of the top i could see some teeth showing on the bottom idk if it was the jack that did that or the where i got him from as he was placed with other gars and aggressive fish.He just doesnt seem interested in eatting anything he swims normally too and acts normal.I tried to feed him live rosey red miniows no success even blood worms nope .I dont know what to do and i hooe it grows back

Maybe try putting him in a different tank by himself. He may be just stressed. Not all fish eat right away. For example, one of the WCM that I have is deformed. It took a week for him to finally come up to the middle of the tank without getting chased away and started eating after about a week and a half. Because your gar is hurt, he may be ready to eat yet and still is scared about whatever happened. If his belly starts getting dangerously skinny I would definitely put him in another tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back