Can’t find my betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Look behind the filter...mine would often hide there for hours.

My mom once had a fish disappear, a small pleco. Turns out it had died and the cichlid living with it buried it. When I got the tank, I found it’s bones under the gravel.....but I’ve never heard or thought of this possible with a betta. I hope you find your fish!
If your fish did jump out, is it possible your dogs got to it?

My mom once had a fish disappear, a small pleco. Turns out it had died and the cichlid living with it buried it. When I got the tank, I found it’s bones under the gravel.....but I’ve never heard or thought of this possible with a betta. I hope you find your fish!
If your fish did jump out, is it possible your dogs got to it?
It would be a very low chance for my dogs to get to it, they are yorkies pretty small and they can’t get up stairs to my room even ways

I don't think corries would eat the beta whole. Chances are it jumped and the body is missing.

I've had a few fish go missing that I was never able to explain over the years.... I've also had a fish jump and found my dog playing with the dead body.

I've learned to keep my lid as tight as possible and although rare, every once in awhile I find a jumper.

I don't think corries would eat the beta whole. Chances are it jumped and the body is missing.

I've had a few fish go missing that I was never able to explain over the years.... I've also had a fish jump and found my dog playing with the dead body.

I've learned to keep my lid as tight as possible and although rare, every once in awhile I find a jumper.
Yeah true, I will keep looking and see if I find a body

This was my betta : (
73321F88-0ACD-43ED-ACD3-6C9078CF481C.jpeg

Never found him I will keep looking he could have jumped I have a little space where he could jump but he never did that before and even if he did I prob would have found him somewhere around

He’s a very pretty boy, I hope you find him!

I’ve lost 2 fish like that. Just disappeared and I never did find them. I wish you better luck.

Next time you ask such question, a picture of your whole tank would help. I once lost my betta in a 36g that I couldn’t find him for a whole day. Next day he showed up. So I eventually figured it out when I couldn’t find him the next time. It turns out he hides some decor and stayed forever.
Betta have different personality so it’s all possible.
Also, I doubt if they could jump out of a small gap. Had 4 betta and none did.

Most reactions

trending

Back