Can’t find my betta

RainGamma

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I looked everywhere I took out my decor and looked everywhere. Could my betta be under the sand dead?

Hi, sorry to hear this, have you checked behind/inside filter? behind heater? any gaps in lid where he could have jumped out and be on the floor somewhere?

Oh gosh. I may so sorry. I hope he’s safe in the filter. Please keep us posted.

I could definitely think he’s not under the sand, that would be very unlikely. If I had to guess, I’d say he was either, 1. In the filter, or, 2. Jumped out on the floor, as @betta fish said. But please do keep us posted.

Hi, sorry to hear this, have you checked behind/inside filter? behind heater? any gaps in lid where he could have jumped out and be on the floor somewhere?
Checked my filter and if he jumped out I would have saw him

Well if he died wouldn’t my ammonia have changed? So maybe I’m blind and I don’t see him but I will try to find him some how. He looked okay last time I saw him and my 5 Cory catfish are healthy and active

I could definitely think he’s not under the sand, that would be very unlikely. If I had to guess, I’d say he was either, 1. In the filter, or, 2. Jumped out on the floor, as @betta fish said. But please do keep us posted.
He is too big to get into my filter. My betta was like 2 inches.

You mention cories. Is there anything else in the tank? If I lose a fish overnight chances are I will never know because there will be nothing left by morning due to other fish, snails and shrimp (depending on which tank).

While it is true that dead fish can contribute to ammonia spikes I would not expect to see one from a single dead fish in a mature tank.

You mention cories. Is there anything else in the tank? If I lose a fish overnight chances are I will never know because there will be nothing left by morning due to other fish, snails and shrimp (depending on which tank).

While it is true that dead fish can contribute to ammonia spikes I would not expect to see one from a single dead fish in a mature tank.
Nothing else

With 5 corys it is a possibility. To be clear they will not kill a live healthy fish, but in their eyes a dead fish is just food.

With 5 corys it is a possibility. To be clear they will not kill a live healthy fish, but in their eyes a dead fish is just food.
Just looked it up and saw that they could eat dead fish so maybe my Corys did..

Well here is my idea as of right now. My betta died over night and my cories ate him. If I have any other updates I will put it here.

Most reactions

trending

Back