Can't decide which Fluval Edge to go with? 6gal or 12gal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishTankEnthusiast

Reaction score
I am downsizing from goldfish. My apartment is small and I'm tired of having all of these massive tanks in the house. Also I am about to start a new job and I won't have as much time anymore. etc. etc.

Anyways, I would like to have just one nano tank with shrimp. Start out with cherries but move on to crystal reds eventually. I am not at all experienced with shrimp.

I have pretty much decided on the Fluval Edge, but can't decide if I should do the smaller or larger one. The spot that I want to keep it in could handle either size, but if I ever wanted to move it to a different spot then it would probably be advantageous to have the smaller one. But I know that larger bodies of water are easier to handle, and if I ever got tired of shrimp and wanted something else, the larger tank would be better.

I'm not too concerned about the price difference as I am selling all my other junk to fund this adventure and I would rather just spend the money to get what I will be happy with.

What do you think? Smaller or larger one?

Go larger. Shrimps are quite sensitive to fluctuating water conditions; they really don't like big changes so, even though they can live in small volumes, bigger is still better :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back