Cannot upload photos

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

luca1980

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have tried on several occasions to post photos on this forum and I have never been able to.

Most recently I have tried to enter the Tank of the Month competition and keep getting this msg once I try to upload a photo - Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page and try again. The photo that I am trying to upload is a png. file.

I have tried several times on three different devices (phone, tablet and laptop) but no luck. I am also a member of caudate.org and have been able to post photos on there without any problems.

I am a keen fish keeper and would love to post pics of my tanks for the feedback of other members but it always ends in frustration. I am also a fairly active forum member but feel that this issue greatly impacts on my interactions and the contributions I am able to make. This is very disappointing and would love any assistance in resolving the issue.

Hi guys, I have tried on several occasions to post photos on this forum and I have never been able to.

Most recently I have tried to enter the Tank of the Month competition and keep getting this msg once I try to upload a photo - Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page and try again. The photo that I am trying to upload is a png. file.

I have tried several times on three different devices (phone, tablet and laptop) but no luck. I am also a member of caudate.org and have been able to post photos on there without any problems.

I am a keen fish keeper and would love to post pics of my tanks for the feedback of other members but it always ends in frustration. I am also a fairly active forum member but feel that this issue greatly impacts on my interactions and the contributions I am able to make. This is very disappointing and would love any assistance in resolving the issue.

I have no idea what could cause you (and no one else) to have problems uploading files. I just tested it and its working great for me. I looked at your account and it is all normal, there is nothing on our end that should prevent you from being able to upload photos. Only idea I have is maybe some type of firewall or router issue (assuming all your devices are behind it) preventing it. I can't find anything on our side at all.

Test 1.2.3..

Attachments

• test-house-pic.jpg
    test-house-pic.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 174__000001.jpg
    174__000001.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 218
.png file test...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.37.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.37.50 PM.png
    273.4 KB · Views: 214
I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce the problem as well. What browser are you using?

I just tested with Safari, Chrome, & Firefox with no problems.

Last edited:
On imgur, when you upload a file, you need to click on the down arrow next to copy and select share links as shown below.

imgur.png

When the share links open, there will be field for bbcode , You want the one that says BBcode (Forums)
Click the copy button then paste it into the reply box.
imgur-share.png

You can also wrap IMG tags around links to images.

So take a link like this
http://i.imgur.com/d1JTK5d.jpg
wrap IMG tags around it

Code:
 [img]http://i.imgur.com/d1JTK5d.jpg[/img]

And you get this

d1JTK5d.jpg

img]

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online