Can you put grow crystals in a aquarium?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I would never use one of the grow your own crystal kits in an aquarium simply because there is no sure way of knowing which chemicals where used to create the crystals and the fact that with time the crystals fragment and break apart into tiny shards.
I think this list on the following link may be more useful for deciding which crystals may or not be safe on a permanent basis in a tank. Also I would find a new age/ mystic type shop that sells loose crystals and talk to them. If no such shops are near you then invest in a good crystal healing type book which should help you work out which gems are not water safe.
http://interdimensionalhealinglight.com/test.html

Also I would find a new age/ mystic type shop that sells loose crystals and talk to them
Like they would know.

Like they would know.
They won't. They'll be able to tell you what part of the world the stone came from, what it's uses are, if the stone has any special meaning or significance, if it was dyed, etc. But you're right, Nick, they will have no idea if it's safe for an aquarium. They'll just say "I don't see why not" as they clean the stone with an ammonia based product.

Heres how it will go.

The OP... Hi is this crystal safe in an aquarium with fish?

Shop assistant .... Well you see man, its an existentialist hurdy gurdy spinning in infinity man, chill out the crystals will " heal " your fish by realigning their life force thru their shakra points man, don't stress man lets go out the back and smoke some weed.

Then he/she will try and sell the OP a Himalayan salt lamp.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back