Can you ID this fish plse. I am sure its a livebearer.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JonLeda

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought 6 sparkling gouramis a while back and when released into the tank I noticed what appeared to be either a mosquito fish or possibly a least killie. Now this was about a month ago and due to health issues again I have been out of the game a bit.

So can you amazing people plse ID this female for me plse?

Thanks.

John
20211013_122213.jpg

This is a female dwarf swordtail (Xiphophorus pygmaeus). I keep and breed these as well. There are males that have the same coloration but there are also males that are yellow/golden. So, there are two types of males of this swordtail species. Some male specimens will develop a very short translucent sword but most males won't develop a sword. The wild coloration like this female is called blue.

This is a female dwarf swordtail (Xiphophorus pygmaeus). I keep and breed these as well.
Wow I was not expecting that. Very sweet and draws the SG's out the lampeyes like her too.
So, next question is where the heck do I find more of them?

This is a female dwarf swordtail (Xiphophorus pygmaeus). I keep and breed these as well. There are males that have the same coloration but there are also males that are yellow/golden. So, there are two types of males of this swordtail species. Some male specimens will develop a very short translucent sword but most males won't develop a sword. The wild coloration like this female is called blue.
I assume its been wild caught with the gourami. No way would they of sold this beauty as cheap as the GS

Wow I was not expecting that. Very sweet and draws the SG's out the lampeyes like her too.
So, next question is where the heck do I find more of them?
I don't know where you can get more of them in your area. But google "Xiphophorus pygmaeus". And you'll find more info. I've got them also on my own website: http://emeraldking-aquatics.com/livebearer7
And I've added a video in my former reply.

I assume its been wild caught with the gourami. No way would they of sold this beauty as cheap as the GS
Well, it could be wild caught but also a captive bred specimen. For the species itself is a wild form. And they are already circulating within the aquarium scene for years.

Amazing results thank you so much.

Not very likely as they live on opposite sides of the planet. It probably jumped at the wholesaler’s.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back