Can you help me identify this fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishAreMyHobby

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Iā€™m looking for some help identifying a fish I bought a little while ago and I hope this is the right thread. I believe when I bought the fish the store in which I got it had its scientific name written down on the tank and as you could imagine I cannot remember for the life of me what it was. After some extensive research I found the name of it when I first got it but havenā€™t been able to find it again. Attaching a picture of it now, it eats and preys upside down, mostly live guppies or frozen shrimp, and usually has the black bar running down the side of its yellow body, but sometimes changes patterns slightly depending on its mood. Itā€™s about 4-5 inches and always uses its dorsal fins to anchor itself to the bottom or a structure in the tank. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 75E0BD07-925A-4E28-B324-26D113593654.jpeg
    75E0BD07-925A-4E28-B324-26D113593654.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 3,637
Hello everyone, Iā€™m looking for some help identifying a fish I bought a little while ago and I hope this is the right thread. I believe when I bought the fish the store in which I got it had its scientific name written down on the tank and as you could imagine I cannot remember for the life of me what it was. After some extensive research I found the name of it when I first got it but havenā€™t been able to find it again. Attaching a picture of it now, it eats and preys upside down, mostly live guppies or frozen shrimp, and usually has the black bar running down the side of its yellow body, but sometimes changes patterns slightly depending on its mood. Itā€™s about 4-5 inches and always uses its dorsal fins to anchor itself to the bottom or a structure in the tank. Thanks in advance!
Looks to be an Otocinclus.

They need to be kept in large groups. Really cool little fish

It's not an oto if it preys on live guppies. But I have no idea what it is.

Sorry Rocky it isn't an Otocinclus
Really?... It looks a LOT like one lol. At least to me.

I could definitely be wrong though.

What do you think it is?

It's not an oto if it preys on live guppies. But I have no idea what it is.
Oh I missed that part about the live guppy feedings šŸ˜³
Yah definitely NOT an Otocinclus

Lol thatā€™s what I was thinking to myself, definitely not an algae eater and much bigger than an oto

Is it a Butis Butis? AKA Crazy Fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back