Can You Have A Pair Of German Blue Ram And Pair Bolivian Ram In Same T

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ARRONTYE

Reaction score
Can you have a pair of german blue ram and pair bolivian ram in same tank ?

GBR's need higher temperatures than bolivians. So there is no real way to keep them together and have them both in an environment that suits their needs to the best. I wanted to do the same thing :)   Now i have 2 bolivians and they are wonderful fish, I am so happy i decided to go with them :wub:

got to disagree about the higher temps i kept a pair of both in a tank thats temp was around 74 degrees,with constant breeding of the blue rams they can tolerate lower temps.how big is the tank would be a more important quetion in my opinion.

scotty said:
got to disagree about the higher temps i kept a pair of both in a tank thats temp was around 74 degrees,with constant breeding of the blue rams they can tolerate lower temps.how big is the tank would be a more important quetion in my opinion.

I did not know this... If they were breeding then Id have to say that they were obviously happy/healthy. Were the bolivian/gb males agressive towards each other? 

I got a pair of german blue ram and pair of bolivian ram the man in shop said they would be fine show I move the pair bolivian ram in to my over tank. ????

mate i hav 2 bolivians with gbr's, gold's and electric blues... they're fine. little bit of agro between rams when they get too close to one another but thats a given.
the bolivians are supposidly much hardier than the gbr's/gold's etc so set the temp to the spec of the gbr's and the bolivians will adapt... or go inbetween.

Most reactions

trending

Back