Can You Guys And Ladies Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kooshty-dude

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can you lot help me here please i am wondering about getting some live plant for me new 160 litre tank which is 3ft but i dont know what plant would be good with my fish so it has a chance to survive and grown not to be just eaten away and has know chance

You will need to read the threads on lighting - there is a pinned topic outlying the basics and lots of forums thread on the subject.
To summarise though you will probably be limited in which plants you can keep by limitations regarding light.

As to which will survive with tankmates, not sure - you will need to try and find a fast growing group of planst then they should grow faster than nipped! Not kept Mollies (I presume thats what you have with plants so cant help on that front)

As I say a wealth of info on this site so have a read through until you can read no more...and there will still be about a thousand more threads and links to check out!

can you lot help me here please i am wondering about getting some live plant for me new 160 litre tank which is 3ft but i dont know what plant would be good with my fish so it has a chance to survive and grown not to be just eaten away and has know chance
i have always used anubias,cryptocoryne,bacopa,there are many types so just shop around to see what you can get
hope this helps :good:

As a start, first decide if you're gonna go heavily into planting, or are you just wanting a few basic plants to make your tank look nicer?
If you're wanting many plants, then you'll need to consider a few things, such as substrate, lighting, CO2 etc.
If you're just wanting a couple of plants, then we'll just need to know a few things to help

1. Will you be adding any kind of fertilizers for the plants? CO2?
2. What is the current wattage of your lights, and how many tubes.
3. Size of the tank, either dimensions of in gallons.

Are you wanting some plants for the fry to hide in so they dont get eaten?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back