Can you feed guppies fruit or people food?

Alisha

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, my 6 fry are doing great and my momma is okay too. ( Although their eyes all look a little big... -_- :unsure: ) But anyway, today I was going to drop a little piece of watermellon in their tank, but then I decided I should ask the people on here what you guys thought, before I kill them! :p So what do you guys think? CAN I feed them fruits and vegies or any other type of "People" food? Just curious to see if I could vary their diet...thanks for the advice! :)

Apparently you can, but alot of fruits can change the ph of the tank due to their acidity and im not sure how much good all the sugers in watermelon will do to the guppys.
You can feed fish spinache, cabbage, cucumber, zuchini, prawns and even little small slices of fish but you have to be carefull with stuff like prawns and fish meat as they can make water quality go bad quickly so it is best to do a 20% water change after you have taken the remainders of the food out or 30mins after it has been completely eaten, they are very good for fish :thumbs: .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back