Can Two Green Terrors Be Housed Together?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Waterfins

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have done research on this fish and found out they're aggressive, I was wondering if two could be housed together in a large aquarium or if they would fight to the death and I just shouldn't bother.

I have also been really interested in getting a Green Terror or a Jack Dempsey and I'm honestly so conflicted. They're both so beautiful, what are your opinions on them to help me decide? 

~whispers from no where~ jack dempsey for the win ~whispers from no where~

also how big is the aquarium (gallons) because they need a 65G least

BettaBettas said:
~whispers from no where~ jack dempsey for the win ~whispers from no where~

also how big is the aquarium (gallons) because they need a 65G least
I was thinking a heavily weeded (live plants), with lots of hiding places made of rocks or fake rocks since cichlids tend to be territorial in a 75 gallon tank. Unless 75 gallons is pushing it?

rock would be fine (great) but I think they eat plants? may be wrong... but im pretty sure they do???? but if you use plastic or something (or if they don't eat live plants) I like your idea. you should make a journal

BettaBettas said:
rock would be fine (great) but I think they eat plants? may be wrong... but im pretty sure they do???? but if you use plastic or something (or if they don't eat live plants) I like your idea. you should make a journal
A journal?

BettaBettas said:
yea a journal, in the journal forum lol
smile.png
Oh okay, I'll do that XD

I kept cichlids years ago and never had a fish as aggressive as the green terror.
I'm not sure if they're all this way or I had a bad seed but it had to be housed alone as it wanted to murder everything in it's path.  
It actually skinned the large pleco I had in a hot second.  I was horrified!
I rehomed him to someone willing to keep him alone.

Also, real plants and these type of fish don't generally do well as they love to "redecorate".

I had wonderful luck with Jack Dempseys.  Gorgeous Fish, one of my favorites.  
I had a Jack and an Oscar that lived in perfect harmony for almost 8 years. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back