April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi

I have a quick question. Will two grown angelfish (a male and a female) pair up and spawn? Ik if you want a pair you need to get 6-8 juveniles and let them pair off naturally but what about two grown angelfish with perfect conditions for breeding. Will they pair off?

Thanks

Hi

I have a quick question. Will two grown angelfish (a male and a female) pair up and spawn? Ik if you want a pair you need to get 6-8 juveniles and let them pair off naturally but what about two grown angelfish with perfect conditions for breeding. Will they pair off?

Thanks
I assume they could , if they don’t it could be bad but I’m guessing as long as they haven’t been paired already there’s a good chance they could

They like to choose their own partners, which is why you would ordinarily get a group together.

If they fancy each other, they'll pair up. If one thinks the other is ugly, they won't.

It is possible. But it is also possible that they don't. In that case the most likely outcome is one dead angel fish :(

Some will and some won't. Put them together and try it. Nothing to lose. Very Very rare that one would harm the other.

Most reactions

Back