can this guppy survive?

Irksome

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is there and hope he may yet survive? He swims normally, and eats but he doesnā€™t look very well.

Attachments

• B88315CD-CE88-41AD-8A91-0F4963CE65B4.jpeg
    B88315CD-CE88-41AD-8A91-0F4963CE65B4.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 92
Iā€™m sorry, but it would be better to euthanize him.

Iā€™m sorry, but it would be better to euthanize him.
I think you are right. I never realised how many others things could go wrong with beginner ā€œeasyā€ fish like guppies

I know. They can all break your heart. I personally believe the clove oil treatment is the best way to euthanize a fish. Trick is to mix it with water and do it slowly...only a couple of drops at a time. They will drift off to sleep and then you can add some more. Wait 20 minutes to be sure there is no gill movement before removing the fish. I hate giving this info to members but we have to do what is humane. Iā€™m so sorry. :(

I know. They can all break your heart. I personally believe the clove oil treatment is the best way to euthanize a fish. Trick is to mix it with water and do it slowly...only a couple of drops at a time. They will drift off to sleep and then you can add some more. Wait 20 minutes to be sure there is no gill movement before removing the fish. I hate giving this info to members but we have to do what is humane. Iā€™m so sorry. :(
@Deanasue It is good that you give information to members so they know their options and tell them the best ways to deal with a sick fish

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your fish....

Listen to @Deanasue, on how to humanely euthanize him.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I have clove oil on order now.

Most reactions

trending

Back