Can Someone Id This Coral

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stanleo

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I just read an interesting article on stocking corals and their tendency to attack each other. I read that Stoloniferans in the genera Clavularia and Pachyclavularia have a tendency to release chemicals in the water to fight other corals. I have this in my tank and I have looked online to try and ID it but I can't tell what species I am actually looking at. I was hoping someone would able to ID it better for me so I can start to plan what other corals I am going to get. If it's even possible, I know there are so many in the hobby.

now I'm new an all to this coral game but I'll take a shot though there is a 90% chance I'm wrong but it looks like some sort of xenia?

As above but it isn't looking that healthy.

I also see aiptasia on the rocks in the background. You will need to nuke that before it takes over and kills your corals.

The aiptasia is a constant battle. I am forever nuking them with the Rx solution I have. The ones I get seem to die but then come back after a few days.

They aren't that bright green that I am seeing in the pics of the green star polyps that I get when I google them. They also are not growing fast at all. I am thinking of moving them to higher flow area. Plus they might not be getting enough light. I have a t5 actenic and a t5 daylight bulb.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back