Can Someone Helpful Person Maybe Answer A Few Questions?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

So its all down to personal preference how bright your lights are not so much what the plants are needing?

Well that makes it a bit easier. But then how do you know yourself what bulbs to buy when you buying? I understand that everyones opinions vary. But how do you know if you want a xxxxK or xxxxK? Is it just trial and error?

Heres my plans for my tank maybe youve got a similar setup and you could give me a rough idea what I should buy without having to buy 2 and 3 sets of bulbs before I find the right set for my tank.

As stated
I'm going to set up a pressurized C02
Live plants not loads just some nice plants for the back a few for around the middle and maybe some carpet plants
Bits of bogwood/manopi

Fish wise I would really like to keep Discus Ive had my tank a few years now its fully established all my levels are always steady no fluctuations. A freind of a friend breeds discus so I know there good fish and healthy my water parimeters pretty much match his so this is my plans.

No discus until I've fully got the hang of growing and caring for aquarium plants though! They way I look at it is ,
If I cant take care of the plants well enough I'm not ready for discus. This way I'm only going to kill a couple of "weeds" and not hundreds of pounds of fish which would be cruel.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back