Can rasbora espei and peacock gudgeons live in a PH of 8.0-8.2?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You mentioned vinegar. We used to use vinegar at the fish shows to liven the fish up for judging would work a treat on any acid loving fish. I also used vinegar to have a pH drop when I spawned Kuhli loaches. I managed to get eggs no fry.
Hmmm... While I have no fish, I should experiment with amounts... And then see how long the PH drop lasts

Ok, maybe I can get a few root tabs and put some Amazon swords in? How do I put the root tabs in and do I put the roots in the root tabs?
Open also for other plant ideas... Maybe java moss?

But even my tap has a really high PH... It won't help if the tank gets more acidy... If my water is alkaline and I'm doing lets say, a 25% water change weekly... Its going to be the PH of my tap and maybe a bit lower, but my KH will just reject it cause its at a 12-14
You find a combination of how much water you can change weekly without moving your pH more than about 0.2. Your plants will absorb a huge amount of the mineral content and as they grow you will remove them, therefore removing the minerals with them.

I have just bought my plants in my list is about 80% stemmed plants and the rest slow growers. The more stemmed plants the better. Just plant them right across the back of the tank and make a curtain of plants, then do your fancy plants in the front of the tank.

You find a combination of how much water you can change weekly without moving your pH more than about 0.2. Your plants will absorb a huge amount of the mineral content and as they grow you will remove them, therefore removing the minerals with them.
So wait... Buy plants just to remove them? Won't my problem just keep coming back?
I have just bought my plants in my list is about 80% stemmed plants and the rest slow growers. The more stemmed plants the better. Just plant them right across the back of the tank and make a curtain of plants, then do your fancy plants in the front of the tank.
The way my tank is set up I cant... I'd have to incorporate them in with my scape somehow...

So wait... Buy plants just to remove them? Won't my problem just keep coming back?

The way my tank is set up I cant... I'd have to incorporate them in with my scape somehow...
No, your plants will grow so much you will have to cut them back all the time otherwise you won't be able to see your fish and the fish won't have anywhere to swim. I used to feed my Silver Dollars exclusively on plants that I removed from other tanks.

No, your plants will grow so much you will have to cut them back all the time otherwise you won't be able to see your fish and the fish won't have anywhere to swim. I used to feed my Silver Dollars exclusively on plants that I removed from other tanks.
What plant do you recommend?

What plant do you recommend?
I have just bought this list. I will put up a photo of the tank later tonight.
Ambulia3$9.00
Cardamine Lyrata (The "actual" Cardamine Lyrata)2$6.00
Hygrophila Difformis3$11.25
Hygrophila Siamensis2$6.00
Osiris Sword - Sml, Med or Large - Medium1$10.50
Cryptocoryne Petchii1$11.00
Cryptocoryne - Lucky Dip1$7.00
Cryptocoryne Walkeri1$10.50
Subtotal:$71.25
Shipping:Free shipping

Other plants are Indian fern and Java fern, they are unavailable but would have been on the order.

Other plants are Indian fern and Java fern, they are unavailable but would have been on the order.
Thank you for sharing! What plant would you say grows the fastest on that list?

I think I may try a few plants and also get some peat moss in the filter

I think I may try a few plants and also get some peat moss in the filter

This will not achieve softer water or lower pH. This has already been explained by others as well as me. The only option is to dilute the water with some type of "pure" water down to more acceptable levels of GH and KH. The pH follows these.

This will not achieve softer water or lower pH. This has already been explained by others as well as me. The only option is to dilute the water with some type of "pure" water down to more acceptable levels of GH and KH. The pH follows these.
I'm testing vinegar and water in a bucket as we speak... The vinegar has lowered the PH from an 8.4 to a 7.8 but I want to see how long it lasts... If it lasts a week or longer then I found a solution

I'm testing vinegar and water in a bucket as we speak... The vinegar has lowered the PH from an 8.4 to a 7.8 but I want to see how long it lasts... If it lasts a week or longer then I found a solution

You cannot put fish in a tank of vinegar and water.

You cannot put fish in a tank of vinegar and water.
First off, it would only be a few MLs of vinegar... Second of all, vinegar is natural and in small amounts it wont harm them. Take a look a what @itiwhetu said. I quoted his post so you could easily see it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back