Can rasbora espei and peacock gudgeons live in a PH of 8.0-8.2?

OP
OP
Rocky998

Rocky998

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Will do that, somehow you need to get some organic waste into your tank to start and produce acid, which will in turn lower your pH. No water changes though.
vinegar? No fish in the tank... Should I give it a go?

itiwhetu

Fish Maniac
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
I have said what I think you should be doing and you are looking for other ways, you need to do what you think is best.

realzalio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How much does it normally run for per gallon?
I don't know, I've never needed to buy water from LFS
What about pea puffers?
do not put pea puffers in a pH of 8.2, they'll do far worse than your gudgeons or whatever, all puffers are very sensitive to water conditions, especially the pea puffers because of their small size

realzalio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
maybe you can set up rain water barrels outside, but you'd probably need a lot of them depending on how much rain you get though
a mix of tap and rain water will lower your pH and KH like RO water

OP
OP
Rocky998

Rocky998

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
maybe you can set up rain water barrels outside, but you'd probably need a lot of them depending on how much rain you get though
a mix of tap and rain water will lower your pH and KH like RO water
So, what I'm doing now is I let the hose water run out for 3 minutes and then put a but of conditioner in a bucket and filled it up... In letting it set out for the day and then in the morning ill test it

realzalio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, what I'm doing now is I let the hose water run out for 3 minutes and then put a but of conditioner in a bucket and filled it up... In letting it set out for the day and then in the morning ill test it
I don't see what that's going to do for you if you already let your regular kitchen/bathroom water stand out for a day

Most reactions