Can Plecs Blink?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alessasavoca

Fishaholic
Reaction score
As above- I was admiring my tank the other day when I swear I saw my BN blink!!

Can anyone enlighten me? :rolleyes:

I think they just roll their eyes, and their special iruis's move, making it look like they blink. I'm not possitive though.

Andy :)

Thank you I've just never seen her do it before, my OH missed it and I was pointing at her saying 'she blinked!! she did I swear it!!' he said to me 'stupid woman, fish don't blink' HAHA I'll get him back when I see him tonight!

My L66 King tigers regularly blink. They have cool blue looking eyelids.

Ian

What a great thread, that made me laugh and I couldn't remember if I'd ever seen any of mine blink so I came to find out too.

Hi,

I have been watching mine ever since I read this, as I was sure he blinks too.

But his eyes move down into their sockets, making it look like a blink, and sometimes a wink!!

SSL20150.jpg

Hi,

I have been watching mine ever since I read this, as I was sure he blinks too.

But his eyes move down into their sockets, making it look like a blink, and sometimes a wink!!

SSL20150.jpg
Lol it looks really weird when they do it, you have to see it to believe it :lol:
Thats one nice meaty common you have there :drool: ...Is that with moonlights or is it methylene blue or something?

Thats one nice meaty common you have there :drool: ...Is that with moonlights or is it methylene blue or something?
[/quote]

Hi and thanks. His name is Bert and he's getting a bit too big for my tank.
I just put 2 blue fluorescents in the lid when I made the tank.
I think they're moonlights, but the hardware store I get them from calls them black lights.
Whatever you call the ones to keep the algae growth down anyway.

Cheers, Don

I've seen my pleco's blink too, it sure looks like blinking anyway even if it isn't...lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back