Can Multiple Tank Syndrome be treated in its early stages?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sarabarton76

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Musing, as I pick over Ebay, looking at tanks and hyperventilating at the state of some of them.

I started with a 60l and 4 mollies, realising quickly that mollies = fry = no space.
So I got a 200l tank and thought more logically about fry - parental eating isn't enough. I split the boys and girls and just have to wait a year. And I told myself that would be plenty.

But the little voice in my head says: "There's a space there - you could get a nano in and have a Betta. Bettas eat fry" or "Do you really need that bookcase? You'd get a 150l in there. You could have tetras"

So, do I succumb and scratch the itch (logically I really shouldn't though could probably cope with one smaller tank) or is there a way to cure this? I suspect I know the answer ha ha!!

It's hard to resist getting another, it really is.

I'm at 18 currently, and I'm seriously considering a filterless bowl. I know where I can get one for free, but am I really willing to move my guitar amp from my bedside table to have it? Probably.

Can Multiple Tank Syndrome be treated in its early stages?
once you have more than 1 tank, then no, it can't be stopped in any stage.

ha ha sucked in, you have mts :)

The only known treatment is catastrophic failure, which I would consider a worse outcome than living with MTS.
That being said, I can only contain my urges with the careful control of my wallet. I have told myself that I cannot set up any new tanks until my current ones are stable and finished, and if I want another it has to be a fully realized plan and not a half baled idea, lol. As it is, I am already planning tank 14, lol.

So erm... its about 7.5 gallons. Plants offcuts from other tanks, already had pebbles. Bridge probably won't stay but needed something in the centre for my brain. Cycle starts today ha ha! Still, it's only 3. I can stop any time....
20210509_152510.jpg

:rofl: things only go downhill from here!!

Ya’ll are all lucky! My mom has limited me to 2 tanks, my 10 gallon with my breeding Cory hastatus and my 55 gallon almost biotope tank. I already want a 29 gallon paludarium with honey gouramis, Pygmy Cories, and neon tetras, a 20 gallon long guppy tank, and a 7 gallon pea puffer tank, but of course that would more than double the tanks I am ALLOWED to have so they Will never happen. When I move out though, just watch:devil:

So erm... its about 7.5 gallons. Plants offcuts from other tanks, already had pebbles. Bridge probably won't stay but needed something in the centre for my brain. Cycle starts today ha ha! Still, it's only 3. I can stop any time....
View attachment 136314
One of us, one of us, one of us!
I'm lucky because I'm in charge, and I'm ok for money to fund my hobby. But I'm also middle aged and learning. You have a huge head start on me - imagine what you will be up to in your 40s :)
I'm 37, currently at 18 tanks.

I try to have a plan before I start a new one, the problem is that I'm really good at planning...

Most reactions

trending

Back