Can I use the dry method to create a carpet with only the seachem flourite substrate?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gikfish

Reaction score
I'm starting a new tank and I'm planning to make a carpet out of Hemiamthus Callitrichoides... I heard online that the dry method is a good way to get a carpet going but I read that you need a nutrient rich soil to do it... Can adding some liquid fertilisers(spraying them maybe?) achieve the same result or it would be pointless?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!!

can you describe the 'dry method". I'm not familiar with that method.

This uses actual soil. Flourite will not do the same, as it does not really release nutrients in the same manner--actually, in my experience, it had no nutrients anyway, I still had to use liquid fertilizer and substrate tabs to achieve good plant growth, same as with inert sand. Mind you, I was not attempting carpet plants--but the Flourite wouldn't be any different there.

This uses actual soil. Flourite will not do the same, as it does not really release nutrients in the same manner--actually, in my experience, it had no nutrients anyway, I still had to use liquid fertilizer and substrate tabs to achieve good plant growth, same as with inert sand. Mind you, I was not attempting carpet plants--but the Flourite wouldn't be any different there.

The thing I'm most concerned with is the substrate change Im assuming Im gonna have to do sometime in the future and I'm a complete beginner in planted aquariums so it seems really hard right now... Unless I understood it wrong...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back