Can I use coconut fibre lining from a pot in my tank.

BetterWithBettas

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I picked up a tiny half moon tank for cheap to turn into a plant only project/propagation tank for some of my slow growing plants. It came in the mail and it is tinier than I expected plus the half moon design doesn't allow for much room to work with. Not wanting it go to waste I'm thinking of having the plants attached the the back wall as they are mostly rizone plants. Can I use coconut fibre lining? The type that comes in hanging baskets? I have an unused one lying around but am not sure if it is aquarium safe?

No livestock will be added to this project but I also don't want to kill my plants either. Anyone used this before? :)
20200807_131005.jpg
20200807_131025.jpg

Should be fine if there will be no livestock:) there might be some starching material used (not sure, but its possible) that wouldnt necessarily harm plants, but might harm livestock.

If you ever plan to have shrimp or snails in this tank I would advise you to use something else, just to be safe:)

Should be fine if there will be no livestock:) there might be some starching material used (not sure, but its possible) that wouldnt necessarily harm plants, but might harm livestock.

If you ever plan to have shrimp or snails in this tank I would advise you to use something else, just to be safe:)
Thank you for your response! I don't plan to put any shrimp or snails in here but would like to take cuttings from the plants to use in other aquariums or builds some time. Do you think if there is any type of starch/chemical used it would transfer to my other tanks on the plants?

Thank you for your response! I don't plan to put any shrimp or snails in here but would like to take cuttings from the plants to use in other aquariums or builds some time. Do you think if there is any type of starch/chemical used it would transfer to my other tanks on the plants?
Honestly I'm not sure. Sorry!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back