Can I temporarily put angelfish in a 10 gallon?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I moved my rag tag group of cories up to the 55 too quickly… moved them in groups of 3 into the main tank several hours apart but I probably should’ve waited a couple days between groups. Added 9. And a few days later there was an ammonia spike. Or maybe it was also the increased food in the tank since I feed a lot so that some makes it past the fast eaters on top. So more food = more poop. Don’t think much food broke down bc the sand is always clean when I wake up (feed them as I go to bed) but food probably gets hidden in small hiding spots.

One of my gourami got a nasty ammonia burn and now she looks like Zuko from atla 🫠

6177557E-C2B8-4B03-8F90-C712BCAB39F5.jpeg
E9BC2465-6928-46A8-B3E0-1741B3FFA347.jpeg

Pictures are from initial burn ^^ she looks a bit better three days later. I’ve done daily water changes though as she’s in the ride to recovery!

I’ve had ammonia spikes before (first couple tanks I ever set up) with irritated gills being the indicator. Never gotten an actual burn before so it was freaky

My hand slipped
47CB3D94-11E4-4E68-988E-FB0460D86905.gif

(It’s on the wrong side)

Angels have been my favorite all time fish for decades but, keeping a few in a tank is like tossing dice, it might work or not, never mind adding more to the mix. I know your question is regarding a ten gallon, sure you can keep them there for a few days but it could be stressful for them depending on the size of the fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back