Can I Take My Plants Out There Pots?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adam172

Reaction score
my tank isnt cycled yet but can i take the plants out of there pots iv heard some people say yes some say now and to wait ? what should i do ??

thanks in advance people

I thought you take them out the pot for the roots to grow etc

But i'm not sure if you do or not when cycleing :unsure: ... someone else might be able to help on that! :good:

I thought you take them out the pot for the roots to grow etc

But i'm not sure if you do or not when cycleing :unsure: ... someone else might be able to help on that! :good:

yes this is what i was thinking as well? and i cant see it harming them or they surly would be harmed anyway, no?

well i took mine out the pots while i was cycling if i was ment to or not and they still grew nicely :)

Ash

cool they will be coming out tonight then :D

thanks

In my experiance, the roots grow out the bottom of the pots anyway. And they've gone on to grow nicely.
I keep mine in the pots, but submerge the pot completely in my gravel so it's not seen.
With some plants though, you may need to weight them once out of the pot.

James.

i can fuly submerge my pots as i dont have anough gravel and if i ad more my tank will be half full as its so small lol but i think im going to take them out any way

IMG_7667.jpg

You really don't have to take them out of the pots at all. I've had these two potted plants for more than a year now (idk what they're called) but they seem to thrive either way, whether you take it out of the pot or not. Just seems thats its easier to take care of when you leave it in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back