Can I still use this bottle of micros?

Morganna

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, it's been awhile!
Some background on what's going on:
I purchased one of Nilocg's EI dry fertilizer packs two or three months ago. Liked the bang I got for my buck. This would be for dosing a 29 gallon tank.
Anyway, followed the instructions best I could, but I couldn't seem to get all of it dissolved for the bottle of micros. I used distilled water, FYI.
So, I haven't been very good about dosing, so the bottle has been sitting under the tank without light. Stuff has been growing/reacting in the bottle and now it just looks nasty and I'm scared to squirt any of it into my tank. Here's pics of what it looks like right now:
IMG_20230517_124838248.jpg
IMG_20230517_124650351~2.jpg
IMG_20230517_124554600.jpg
IMG_20230517_124547531.jpg

Any advice at this point would be much appreciated. In contrast, the bottle of macros is crystal clear with no problems.

Hello. If you feed a variety of flakes, pellets and occasionally some frozen foods, they'll provide all the nutrients the fish and plants need. I don't dose added fertilizers. I'm afraid those could potentially change the water chemistry.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

It looks like it went bad. I think I also see mold. I would probably not use it if I were you. What exactly is this? Is it plant fertilizer?

It looks like it went bad. I think I also see mold. I would probably not use it if I were you. What exactly is this? Is it plant fertilizer?
Yes, it is plant fertilizer for my aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Back