The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
so theres these certain plants and things that i want, but lfs sadly dosent have them, is it possible to ask them if they can get it for me with their shipping of a bunch of other plants so theres no shipping fee for me?
thanks

I would say “yes”! I have an order for Endlers at my lfs - there just seems to be a shortage of fish at the moment. They also ordered in a specific tank for me 🙂

One lfs lets me look at the list their distributors, and has me order what I want. I don't often because it is an hour drive there. My closer store tries to get me what I want, but they are a smaller place.

It never hurts to ask....afterall, as the old saying goes "if you don't ask, you'll not get"

Most suppliers are open to making "customer specific" orders alongside their normal weekly orders.

It'll depend on the shop.
My local Pets at Home won't, but my smaller LFS will, although they were a little vague on timings.
For Maidenhead Aquatics, it wasn't an issue and they could get me whatever I wanted, assuming it was available at their supplier. (On my last visit, I noticed that they had a couple of tanks with 'different' fish in and 'Reserved' written on the tank front.

I have asked shops to get fish in for me. Though on one occasion the wholesaler substituted a different species so they had re-order 'my' fish.

Usually the answer will be yes. Just make sure to ask nicely!

so theres these certain plants and things that i want, but lfs sadly dosent have them, is it possible to ask them if they can get it for me with their shipping of a bunch of other plants so theres no shipping fee for me?
thanks
Why not? All they can say is no, & maybe yes.

Probably depends on the LFS! I would call and ask, so you don't have to drive there in case they say they don't.

Adding to the cacophony - typically yes. In my area, Petco will order just about anything you can think of (Discus, Koi Angels, Rare Livebearers). Yet - our local Petsmart refuses to do a special order.

Just ask!

Interesting about Petco. I go there sometimes. Prices compare well to Amazon. Local pet shops have more fish. Saltwater local shop had stuff not to be found locally, not even in plumbing supply houses when we broke a sump pump pipe connector during transport. Bought used on Craigslist

thanks!
its a really friendly and owned by real hobbyists kinda store
i mostly want rare fishes(that a lot of people might not want)
ill see though

might also ask petsmart since they always switc hstuff around (they never have peppered cories :mad:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back