Can i put my newborn goldfish fry with my 4 week old guppies fry?

Bubble the Guppy

Reaction score
Hi i new here(i mean just joined today), i want to ask that if is possible to add my newborn goldfish fry whos are just born a minute ago, with my 4 week old guppy fry? because i want to make a new big community tank with my goldfish fry and guppies fry when they grown up and i thought if i put them together since they're born they won't fight each other i guess????? Please reply me.

They won't fight. Very quickly and as peacefully as possible, the goldfish will catch up in growth and eat the guppies. One fish, the goldfish, gets very large. The stays bite sized.

They won't fight. Very quickly and as peacefully as possible, the goldfish will catch up in growth and eat the guppies. One fish, the goldfish, gets very large. The stays bite sized.
Thank you for your reply GaryE. i will remove the goldfish fry as soon as they grew bigger than the guppy fry, so the goldfish won't eat my guppy.

I wish it could work. Goldfish are not hardcore predators, but opportunity is never ignored. Sometimes when they grow out together, it takes them longer to figure out those other fish are edible. But eventually, they get it, and once they've eaten one, they are off and running.

but what i worried is my guppy fry eating my goldfish fry.
I mean my guppy fry are 4 week old and a little bit bigger than the goldfish fry because the goldfish fry are just born today!!!!

annnnnd.......... there go my goldfish fry in the guppy fry mouth:X. "i a little bit sad for loseing all my goldfish fry becuase this is my first time having goldfish eggs. but i don't blame the guppy, is natural for big fish to eat smaller fish:fish:.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back