Can I put fish in here? And if so what?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Emilywoodham1997

Reaction score
Soo Iā€™ve set up this tank with the idea of wanting a Betta fish in there but..

1. I donā€™t think itā€™s big enough..even though itā€™s a 25L tankā€¦plus now that my plants have gone crazy thereā€™s even less room.

2. Even though the filter flow is adjustable and is on the lowest it still seems to have a pretty strong current.

So shall I just keep it empty for now even though itā€™s cycled? I already have a tank of small tropical fish but just wondered what else could go in there really..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 52
I'd get some really colourful shrimp and keep it as a planted shrimp tank! The shrimp wouldn't mind the tank size or the plants hogging the swimming space, in fact they'd love it.
+1 to this....in smaller tanks, shrimp are just as much fun to watch as fish, IMO

Okay I didnā€™t even think of shrimp!! Iā€™ve never kept shrimp before though!
Try and stick to cherry shrimp to start with or if you are blessed with the right kind of water which is typically very clean you could try some of the others

I love the idea of a Betta it will look fantastic, you do have 25 liters of water which is plenty big enough

They are easy to keep and you don't need a big tank. You can almost breed them in a jam jar

Haha I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be keeping a jam jar but ide love a little nano tank but with already 2 large tanks in my living room I donā€™t know if the wife would approve another spot for her to keep what she wants, dominated by another tank lol

The aquarium looks suspiciously like a Ciano Aqua 30 Hex.....if it is, it is very coincidental to something I have been discussing with the daughter of one of my neighbours over the last day or two.

Her mum is being moved to a hospice within the next week or two and she has a Ciano Aqua 30 Hex aquarium with a male Betta in it. The mum wants to be able to take her fish with her into the hospice but the daughter is not sure if they will allow it or that it is a good or practical idea to take it in there due to mum being bedridden and unable to take care of maintenance etc.

So another neighbour suggested that the daughter spoke to me cos they know I have fish and have rescued fish from another now deceased neighbour. The daughter and I have been discussing what to do with the Betta and I have said that if the hospice manager is not comfortable with having the fish live there with her mum or they will allow it and when her mum passes away, then I will take it in....obviously with its own aquarium since my hooligans will not be happy to have him share their space.

So I might end up with a Betta in the not too distant future. I have never been keen on Betta but I would rather take it in than have the fish euthanised or flushed due to not being wanted. (The daughter is not able to take on the care of the fish due to herself being in a wheelchair and living in a supported nursing home on her own, its just not practical for her....which I totally understand)

I love the idea of a Betta it will look fantastic, you do have 25 liters of water which is plenty big enough
25 gallons is PLENTY big for a betta... But not 25 liters. That translates to 6 gallons which is basically a 5 gallon tank... The minimum for a betta. On top of that, its a tall tank, so there is not a lot of horizontal swim space. Its just not a good fit for any fish really... I would stick with shrimps and snails

Shrimp are fun, I have a tank load. Neocaridina come in a ton of colors. I have your basic red but also have Sky blue, Dream blue, green and orange. I bought a batch of dream blue rili now many of the other colors have stripes too. They are very active, pretty cute and will also keep your plants clear of algae.:p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back