Can I put a crayfish in an African tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Iā€™m doing a crawfish boil today and I was wondering if I could put a crawfish in my 75 gallon African peacock tank? It also has 3 clown loaches in the tank.

No, I dont recommend it. i once had crayfishes and they eat all of my guppies and swordtails, they are fast especially at night.

Ok but what about my Africans?
I still dont recommended it, they are extremely fast at catching fish while youā€™re not looking, theyā€™ve killed lots of my fish (the whole tank)

I still dont recommended it, they are extremely fast at catching fish while youā€™re not looking, theyā€™ve killed lots of my fish (the whole tank)
Ok I was just wondering. Iā€™m looking for someone who has maybe even done it to see how it turned out

Actually most fish cannot be mixed with crayfish.
The crayfish are mostly nocturnal and they are active mostly at night.
The fish will become its supper especially for bottom level fish that sleep at the bottom of the tank.

However, if you mix crayfish with big aggressive fish, the opposite might happen.
The crayfish will get eaten by the big aggressive fish. The fish will have "a lobster/crayfish meal"..LOL

Probably only the top level fish that always stay at the top and will never come down to the bottom of the tank can be mixed with crayfish.
Other fish are not possible.
I have a friend who keep his crayfish with some top level fish.

Actually most fish cannot be mixed with crayfish.
The crayfish are mostly nocturnal and they are active mostly at night.
The fish will become its supper especially for bottom level fish that sleep at the bottom of the tank.

However, if you mix crayfish with big aggressive fish, the opposite might happen.
The crayfish will get eaten by the big aggressive fish. The fish will have "a lobster meal"..LOL

Probably only the top level fish that always stay at the top and will never come down to the bottom of the tank can be mixed with crayfish.
Other fish are not possible.
Ok so not with clown loaches?

By the way, there are smaller species of crayfish called the Mexican Dwarf Crayfish.
Though it might be possible to keep them with fish but it's still not advisable as all crayfish will strike the fish whenever they have the opportunities.
Some top level fish will come down to the bottom to sleep at night and become easy target for the crayfish.
Unless you can guarantee that the fish won't sleep at the bottom at night, then you can keep them.

In the past, my Mexican crayfish tried to attack my Balloon Pearl Gourami.
In the end, I had to remove it.

By the way, crayfish are beautiful...LOL

Some info:

By the way, there are smaller species of crayfish called the Mexican Dwarf Crayfish.
Though it might be possible to keep them with fish but it's still not advisable as all crayfish will strike the fish whenever they have the opportunities.
Some top level fish will come down to the bottom to sleep at night and become easy target for the crayfish.
Unless you can guarantee that the fish won't sleep at the bottom at night, then you can keep them.

In the past, my Mexican crayfish tried to attack my Balloon Pearl Gourami.
In the end, I had to remove it.

By the way, crayfish are beautiful...LOL

Some info:

Iā€™ve heard of those. Crawfish are also DELICIOUS! If you havenā€™t had any they are very good. I just wanted it see if I could add one since im eating some today

Iā€™ve heard of those. Crawfish are also DELICIOUS! If you havenā€™t had any they are very good. I just wanted it see if I could add one since im eating some today

There was once I was at a fish store and I overheard a conversation between the shop owner and his customer.
The customer was complaining to the dhop owner that his fish ate his lobster(crayfish). It was funny because lobster is considered a delicious food.

The tiger stripes Crayfish is beautiful.
Also, the red and blue crayfish will make your tank very colourful.

There was once I was at a fish store and I overheard a conversation between the shop owner his customer.
The customer was complaining to the dhop owner that his fish ate his lobster(crayfish). It was funny because lobster is considered a delicious food.
Yep. Crawfish is so much better than lobster tho

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back