Can I Put A _________ In A 60 Gallon?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AquaticRex

Reaction score
hi i currently have 5 massive goldfish in a 60 gallon tank (they came with the tank, it was a rescue from a woman that had them in really bad conditions...) and my friends are taking them for their own tanks. that leaves me with a very empty and sad tank. i was wondering if there were any freshwater sharks i could put into the tank? i would be building around the shark in question, so what type of fish are good tank mates for them and how many fish could i put into the 60 gallon tank? what kind of plantation and decor should i have for that specific shark?

so i need......

Shark breed:
Tank mates:
Habitat:
Any other suggestions/comments:

:D I always like bala sharks, keep them in a heavily planted tank- They can have many tank mates- Even small NEon Tetras, there really njot aggressive , but keep an eye on them anyway.

Post n my wall if you need more help!!

Zophie :D :D :D

Tanks too small for bala sharks long term, they will eat neon tetra's esp when they get as big as mine,a heavily planted tank would be a mistake sorry zophie but mine love to rip apart plants,even my plastics,,, but for a 60g have you looked into redtailed black shark.....stay well away from the black shark,real aggressive tank buster

By posting in the predatory section I would say you are going to be hugely disapointed with any 'shark' species available,

As said above the only real options for a 60G would be a Red Tailed Black Shark or a Rainbow shark, and whilst these can be quite territorial they are mainly herbivorous in nature and would live fine in your average community setup

By posting in the predatory section I would say you are going to be hugely disapointed with any 'shark' species available,

I have to agree with him. I don't think these freshwater sharks are what you expect them to be. Look at youtube videos of they are cool fish, but nothing you want to build a tank around. You should look at getting a spiney eel. They get to a nice size and a preditory fish.Exodons are also a cool fish. They stay small in a 60 gallon you get get a nice skoal going. They are similar to piranhas as they are a pack of predators. Also look into a Payara. They are awesome looking preditors with huge teeth.

Most reactions

Back