Can I keep Frontosa with...?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bloomjack

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a tank with Lake Malawi Cichlids in at the moment. Can I keep some Frontosa in there even though they are from a different lake?

The fish I have are:

Pseudotropheus Zebra red
Pseudotropheus socolofi
Pseudotropheus Neon Spot

Will these get on ok with the Frontosa?

Thanks

How big is your tank????...Personally I wouldn't put a frontosa with mbuna's especially if your frontosa is smaller, mbuna's are just too agressive....mixing lake is fine with me(check my sig) as I like the difference is shapes of the fish from different lakes.... You could try it but I suggest getting a juvi frontosa who has a size advantage over your other fish....

unless you can provide the space for at least 5 fronts then I wouldnt bother. Fronts are colony fish, they dont like being loners, they are much happier when they share a tank with others of their kind.

I think most mbuna would be to aggressive and to hyper, fronts are laid back and like sublte tank mates.

Then there's the small problem of an adult front making a meal of mbuna.

like danl said fonts are laid back but in my 75 gal. i have a font ( that is about ready to go in the 300 gal. his about a foot long) and in with him is 2 red zebras 3 yellow lab (that have spawned and now thereis about 10 in the tank now) 2 hap. insignis 1 acei and others and they get along great the thing that i find is if you have lots of caves and places for fish to call there own they will be fine

Yep not a good combo, at a simlar size, a front will not cope with Mbuna aggression and as freddyk said, an adult front may fancy an Mbuna for lunch. Catch 22 i'm afraid.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back