Can I Have Some More Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

craig855s

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 90L fluval roma with 5 harlequins (2" each fully grown,but all are young at the minute) and 5 leopard danios (2.5" fully grown but only young now)

This gets me to 22.5" of fish when fully grown,in a 23/24 gallon tank..

I'd like a bit of activity at the bottom of my tank so would like some corys (not sure which type and how many..but i'd like them to look pretty and be happy..numbers wise)

Would 1 cory be lonely? how many would you recomend... If any?

Also i'd like 3 platys of 3 different colours to add some real colour to the tank..would this make me overstocked? it would make for more than 1" per gallon i know but if i get a big filter in and cycled would it deal with 1.5 to 2" of fish (they will take a long time to get that big mind so the tank will be very well established by then)

Currently running the Fluval 2+ supplied with the tank...should i switch to a 3+?

A fluval 2 is fine for a 20 gall, just let the filter mature and cycle, and as the tank ages, it will be more capable of handling larger fish and more of them. To answer your question, you can add those 3 platies and some bottom feeders with no problems at all, my advice to you would be not to follow the 1 inch per gallon rule to strictly, as if you do more water changes you won't have any problems. The only scenario in which you may have trouble is if you combine incompatible fish.

About 3 weeks, wit fish i've had for about 12 weeks.It's been fish in cycled and is very nearly done.Waiting on nitrite to stop appearing,ammonia is holding at 0 and nitrite should be done very soon so i will be cycled for the current load.

I wouldn't add anything to the tank for at least a couple of months, let the tank fully cycle and get into a routine, if you add more fish now then you cold end up with more work than you want.

IMO play safe and wait, better to wait than hurt your fish or tank.

Scooby.

A couple of months- maybe 4 - would be better as this will give your media more time to mature then you could apply the 2 inch per gallon rule, like i said earlier i wouldn't add anything else for a least a couple of months.

Scooby.

ok ill wait until after my holiday in june,speaking of which im going away for 7 nights,do people recomend those holiday foods that the LFS sell? or is that just a ticket to ammonia in the water when i get back? Should i have a mate pop in and feed them as often as they can? dont really wanna lumber someone with coming round to my house daily to feed my fish but if needs must?

Also,bogwood...i want some but my local LFS doesnt have any,saying theyre really struggling for stock of it and whenver they get any its instantly sold..being impatient like i am i'm considering ebay..There are loads of pieces of bogwood being sold from what appear to be ebay aquarium suppliers so i reckon its brand new and safe (as good as what u'd get from any LFS) and there is also something called malowi wood..which has been sandblasted and is bone dry and smoother than normal bogwood)

Anyone see any problems in buying any of these? there are also ones with plants on them..thinking about getting those ones (im tempted by some of them as theyre shapes i can really picture in my tank and dimensions are given so there are a couple that would fit fantastically well)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back