Can I Have An Alligator Gar In My Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you but in a touchy thread like this where the word "redneck" has shone its suntanned face a few times, any picture popping up of any american holding a gun is goona shout "yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa" redneck alert to an englishman. im not knocking the way our cousins across the pond are relaxed with guns, when the zombies take over all i have under my bed is a baseballbat not a CV53XXP27 and aircraft rifle with a silencer.

Edit just to point out alot of english people have baseball bats but i dont think anyone here knows how to play baseball
Well, we were told by another classy englishmen to join the army if we want to shoot stuff, so I showed him exactly what a soldier would pack. Now, as everyone here seems to want to insult the americans with stereotypes when we haven't been like that to anyone else, I'd like to remind you that calling our nation redneck isn't the best way to go about things. What happened July 4th 1776? Oh yes, I remember...we showed who was stronger

ok then touchy you did win a war over 200 hundred years ago but i would expect a side to win such a war considering the enemy was thousands of miles from there own land and the home side had countless other countrys helping them and supplying them but if it makes you feel better you take your victory.

war is whats wrong with the world and and the fact that both of you have used a victory in a war (from hundreds of years ago) to get one over on me just shows how different different nations are from each other. ......who cares who wins hundreds of years down the line when there both now allies
Obviously not when our "allies" feel the need to tell people to join the army if you want to shoot stuff like a redneck. It takes my fingers and toes to count how many people I have lost in our "redneck" army, and all people on your side can do is sip tea with their pinkies in the air like their poo don't stink and make comments because some people like to hunt. And comments weren't lashed at you till you brought your self-righteousness in like you do in every thread you comment on. It was directed at the one who originally made the redneck statement

know comment......... nice background though
And its "NO comment.." Learn to spell if you are going to take a stab at being condescending.

I hear you but in a touchy thread like this where the word "redneck" has shone its suntanned face a few times, any picture popping up of any american holding a gun is goona shout "yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa" redneck alert to an englishman. im not knocking the way our cousins across the pond are relaxed with guns, when the zombies take over all i have under my bed is a baseballbat not a CV53XXP27 and aircraft rifle with a silencer.

Edit just to point out alot of english people have baseball bats but i dont think anyone here knows how to play baseball
Well, we were told by another classy englishmen to join the army if we want to shoot stuff, so I showed him exactly what a soldier would pack. Now, as everyone here seems to want to insult the americans with stereotypes when we haven't been like that to anyone else, I'd like to remind you that calling our nation redneck isn't the best way to go about things. What happened July 4th 1776? Oh yes, I remember...we showed who was stronger

ok then touchy you did win a war over 200 hundred years ago but i would expect a side to win such a war considering the enemy was thousands of miles from there own land and the home side had countless other countrys helping them and supplying them but if it makes you feel better you take your victory.

war is whats wrong with the world and and the fact that both of you have used a victory in a war (from hundreds of years ago) to get one over on me just shows how different different nations are from each other. ......who cares who wins hundreds of years down the line when there both now allies
Obviously not when our "allies" feel the need to tell people to join the army if you want to shoot stuff like a redneck. It takes my fingers and toes to count how many people I have lost in our "redneck" army, and all people on your side can do is sip tea with their pinkies in the air like their poo don't stink and make comments because some people like to hunt. And comments weren't lashed at you till you brought your self-righteousness in like you do in every thread you comment on. It was directed at the one who originally made the redneck statement

know comment......... nice background though
And its "NO comment.." Learn to spell if you are going to take a stab at being condescending.

Hold on a second i have never said join the army to shoot rednecks i have never called the us army a redneck army. i havent attacked you or anybody in this thread all ik have said is it is funny how that in a thread like this americans start posting pictures of themselves with guns and the reason it is funny is because alot of people think of america and think of trigger happy gun slingers.

you are the one who has attacked me and you talk of my self-righteousness in other threads well i think you should take a long open minded look in the mirror because you have an argumentative side.

england and emerica obvously are allies and the beauty of the internet is that you can spell any thing how you like and once again to reiterate you have attacked me again. for all you know i could be deslexic .

i have never once had a dig at you aor any other american here i have just rried to show you how a lot of brits percive you as a nation. there is nothing mallicous in it its just life.

i dont start kicking off when yu say i drink tea with my finger in the air (quite a comfortable way to drink acyualy) and i know my poo stinks and i know it is a common steriotype for americans to think that we that our poo dont stink and i think that is funny

i dont start kicking off when yu say i drink tea with my finger in the air (quite a comfortable way to drink acyualy) and i know my poo stinks and i know it is a common steriotype for americans to think that we that our poo dont stink and i think that is funny
Look back to PAGE 3 and see who my comment was ORIGINALLY directed. I said this in the last post. You didn't get attacked until you started in. A picture of an american with a gun doesn't scream redneck. Expecially when its a military assault rifle. Are you that narrow-minded? If you would like to discuss this more, come here I'm not going to waste me time repeated what you have already read. I already stated who my comments were directed at. You choose to take offense to comment made at someone other than you. Not my problem.

Look back to PAGE 3 and see who my comment was ORIGINALLY directed. I said this in the last post. You didn't get attacked until you started in. A picture of an american with a gun doesn't scream redneck. Expecially when its a military assault rifle. Are you that narrow-minded? If you would like to discuss this more, come here I'm not going to waste me time repeated what you have already read. I already stated who my comments were directed at. You choose to take offense to comment made at someone other than you. Not my problem.

I have always known who your comment was meant for. that picture does shout redneck to me and alot of brits not because you are holding a gun but because in a thread about huntng you only need to slightest chance and there is a pic of you actually posing with a gun. i know americns arent rednecks i was just merely sincerly bringing to your attention the fact that that was how alot of people may percive that pic.....for your own amusement if nothing else. i havent taken offence . you have. the only thing i got offended by was the poo post because you just started attacking me. im glad you are done with this because you cn do my swede in when you are like this

I have always known who your comment was meant for. that picture does shout redneck to me and alot of brits not because you are holding a gun but because in a thread about huntng you only need to slightest chance and there is a pic of you actually posing with a gun. i know americns arent rednecks i was just merely sincerly bringing to your attention the fact that that was how alot of people may percive that pic.....for your own amusement if nothing else. i havent taken offence . you have. the only thing i got offended by was the poo post because you just started attacking me. im glad you are done with this because you cn do my swede in when you are like this

I just think its funny that its okay for a brit to make a redneck joke but a poo joke is offensive? And yes, in most thread you do act like your poo don't stink. But that is okay. I'm not offended by the redneck comments, but I do feel like I have the right to defend the comments directed at our military, not just because I am prior service, but because my husband is serving now.

The picture, that was posted as a joke. That picture is years old. It was posted simply to mock to original redneck comment. But I can see how a brit wouldn't see the humor.....

And for the record, there are very few people on here that I argue with...
You just always seem to be the opposing force..

THe majority of people I know have never held a gun. Liking to hunt doesn't make you a "redneck" either. Not unless your using a washing machine as a weed planter in the front yard.

There are A LOT of stereotypes about British folks, but I am too CIVILIZED to say them.

there will always be steriotypes. the best way is just to be open and see the funny side. i have a few american friends and i think its funny the stuff they come out with about me.

but just for the record you said your too civilised to steriotype the english but our happy to steriotype redncks weeding technyques. all i was on about was how its funny that the english steriotye alot of americans with guns as red necks, i wasnt saying i do......you on the other hand have said that you think all rednecks use washing machines as weed planters....................you baddy

Well, Happy 4th everybody! Hope nobody is sore about how they lost the big fight ;) {See now, that was a total joke AND also the truth.}

that wasnt the big fight

There was a HUGE difference in my stereotype. It was said in good fun and as a joke. The first comment was thoughtless and stupid. AND offensive.

I care very much about war in this country. My father is a retired Army veteran. My HUSBAND is a two time Iraq veteran and has the scars to prove it. We DO care who won a war 200 years ago. OUr history and future is all wrapped up in it. The life I live day to day is tough and scary and even now on a big American holiday, my hubby is in uniform working all night. This thread is irritating. It was all a good conversation until it became insulting.

Funny how a tool can be used to classify an entire large group of people. I was using my chain saw & axe today, guess I'm a lumberjack. :) Sort of silly when you think about it.

A quick clean shot and its over with shooting, but lets be honest sticking a arrow in the back of this fish and it towing you round for a hour or two is classed as sport? its just cruelty, no need for it, for eating or not. :angry:
Well I won't bother explaining how your ancestors killed things, but it certainly didn't involve guns....

And what would that have to do with this? Have we not become more civilised in the last few thousand years?

A quick clean shot and its over with shooting, but lets be honest sticking a arrow in the back of this fish and it towing you round for a hour or two is classed as sport? its just cruelty, no need for it, for eating or not. :angry:
Well I won't bother explaining how your ancestors killed things, but it certainly didn't involve guns....

And what would that have to do with this? Have we not become more civilised in the last few thousand years?
Try just within the last 1000 years since firearms didn't exist before then. I am no hunter but if I ever do someday decide to hunt it would probably be bow and arrow. The fish was hit with an arrow and given how huge the fish was and where it was hit that arrow may not of proven fatal. Animals can survive some crazy things. However the fish lost the fight though as the report states it seemed to be a close fight. What does the fish honestly care about with a humane or sudden death when it wants to survive? We go on an on about humane killing but dying is the last thing the fish wants regardless of the method. It fought and if it had been able to fight harder maybe it would still be alive. You always hear stories of the ones that got away. I'm sure far less would get away if you went around shooting them all with bullets. IDK in my mind an arrow and a 2 hour fight seems more fair to the fish, its certainly harder on the hunter. Would you rather just be shot or given a chance to fight even if that chance is slim?

At least the fish didn't get hit in the knee :lol: (sry I couldn't help it)

How on Earth did a thread about the adult size of an Aligator Gar turn into a slanging match about guns, racial sterotypes and the futility of war?

closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back