Can I buy a female guppy from a tank full of males and NOT have her give babies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yes and gh
livebearers such as guppy need it HIGH
go to the pet store and let them test it for u
I will. Will other fish be able to stand the high PH if I plan on having a mixed tank? I've had female guppies in his tank before. Two. They lived long lives, even the de-formed girl. She had...what, fish scoliosis?

I will. Will other fish be able to stand the high PH if I plan on having a mixed tank? I've had female guppies in his tank before. Two. They lived long lives, even the de-formed girl. She had...what, fish scoliosis?
Is the seed thing expired?
mixed tanks are not a thing
do not mix ph or gh its not good for either side

you can mix hard water with hard
and soft with soft

i dont reccomend the khuli because they are soft water and you probably have soft
any other tanks that have nothing in them that you can add corals?

Is the seed thing expired?
mixed tanks are not a thing
do not mix ph or gh its not good for either side

you can mix hard water with hard
and soft with soft

i dont reccomend the khuli because they are soft water and you probably have soft
any other tanks that have nothing in them that you can add corals?
I mean, mixed as in mixed fish. Like, different species. What's GH?
It may be expired, I'll look.
I've had the kuhlis for a while...and technically my brother owns one of them.

I mean, mixed as in mixed fish. Like, different species. What's GH?
It may be expired, I'll look.
I've had the kuhlis for a while...and technically my brother owns one of them.
mixed fish is good
guppy can be with cory if you keep it at like 7.5
small chiclids
other livebeearers (not endlers they might breed)
molly is too big but swordtail, sword-platy and platy are good

mixed fish is good
guppy can be with cory if you keep it at like 7.5
small chiclids
other livebeearers (not endlers they might breed)
molly is too big but swordtail, sword-platy and platy are good
Okay. How will I know what PH they need when I'm at the store? Like, if I see a bunch of cute, docile freshwater fish, and want to get them?
At the store, all the tanks look really similar. No seashells or anything...
I actually have some coral. But I would like to test the water and consult the fish store.

Okay. How will I know what PH they need when I'm at the store? Like, if I see a bunch of cute, docile freshwater fish, and want to get them?
At the store, all the tanks look really similar. No seashells or anything...
I actually have some coral. But I would like to test the water and consult the fish store.
buy the api water test kit
and take your phone and search up the fishs species and ph
the store does not know about any of this stuff so they will all be the same beacuse they are holding tanks

buy the api water test kit
and take your phone and search up the fishs species and ph
the store does not know about any of this stuff so they will all be the same beacuse they are holding tanks
Okay. The store seems like they know SOME stuff though, lol. There's this one guy who is AWESOME.

It's not pH that's important, it's GH (hardness). If you are on mains water, your water provider's website should tell you your hardness.

The way to tell if that cute fish is right for your tank is to know your hardness before you go shopping, then use your phone to look the cute up fish on Seriously Fish
The fish profiles on there tell you the hardness (GH), pH, temperature, tank size, etc that the fish needs. They tell you if there are any quirks like the fish being aggressive, or if they need to be in a group, or if they need a particular kind of food.

It's not pH that's important, it's GH (hardness). If you are on mains water, your water provider's website should tell you your hardness.

The way to tell if that cute fish is right for your tank is to know your hardness before you go shopping, then use your phone to look the cute up fish on Seriously Fish
The fish profiles on there tell you the hardness (GH), pH, temperature, tank size, etc that the fish needs. They tell you if there are any quirks like the fish being aggressive, or if they need to be in a group, or if they need a particular kind of food.
Yes
Okay. The store seems like they know SOME stuff though, lol. There's this one guy who is AWESOME.
check upur info with us before you do it, he might not knoe everything

Mrs Lurch has just purchased four female endlers to add to her two males. They’re in QT atm. They came from a mixed tank but were the same size as the males in there so we’re hoping they are a bit young for this motherhood stuff atm.
Fins crossed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back