Can dogs be vegetarian (split from thread "Feeding cichlids and other fish meat")

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rocky998 would agree with me that their ancestors did not eat meat. Wouldnt you rocky?
Yes. I would. But their digestive systems have changed dramatically most likely and now they are mostly carnivorous. Would you feed a lion a salad?

Yes. I would. But their digestive systems have changed dramatically most likely and now they are mostly carnivorous. Would you feed a lion a salad?

Thats actually backwards. They started mostly carnivorous and due to humans feeding them people food and kibbles with carb fillers they have adapted to be more omnivorous.

You know there was a lion named Tyke that was 100% vegetarian. Its in interesting story.

NOTE: I have not read the following article so I can not attest to anything that they say. I have read in other places about this lion

You know there was a lion named Tyke that was 100% vegetarian. Its in interesting story.

NOTE: I have not read the following article so I can not attest to anything that they say. I have read in other places about this lion

That's literally impossible because felines are obligate carnivores meaning they die without meat because they cannot produce taurine. I see no proof here, just a made-up story.

We will just have to agree to disagree im afraid. There are plenty of ways to feed your dog vegetarian. Maybe you should do a little research on it.

I have plenty of education on the evolution of animals including the domestication of dogs and their care. You're a teenager spouting off without even the critical thinking skills to accurately analyse a scientific paper. I suggest you keep a more respectful tone if you intend to debate properly with adults.

Bloodhounds have been selectively bred to scent, track and hunt. Are you planning to engage that part of your potential dog's needs at all? Or does insisting they should be vegetarian also include denial about the activities they thrive on?

What exactly do you guys believe dogs ancestors were?

I have plenty of education on the evolution of animals including the domestication of dogs and their care. You're a teenager spouting off without even the critical thinking skills to accurately analyse a scientific paper. I suggest you keep a more respectful tone if you intend to debate properly with adults.

Bloodhounds have been selectively bred to scent, track and hunt. Are you planning to engage that part of your potential dog's needs at all? Or does insisting they should be vegetarian also include denial about the activities they thrive on?
I would also suggest that you be more respectful.

I know what bloodhounds need. And no, I do not deny that there are certain activities necessary for their happiness.

Think what you like. This lion actually appeared in movies. Its a true story.

You can't disprove science no matter what your beliefs are. A simple google search would tell you that lions are obligate carnivores. All felines are. Obligate meaning they MUST eat meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back