Can Crayfish Climb Air Hose

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I ask because I just bought a crayfish and it trys to climb from plant to air hose can it climb out this way.

lol, Houdini in a shell. or they can be. (you wont believe how small of a hole a large cray can squeeze through.)

my guess is your cray is just acclimatising to your tank. or, it my just be a bit of a gymnast.
and its just found a new environment. like us, its having a good look around.
many like to "play" around/on air stones too

if this behaviour continues, I'd look into your water stats.
crays normally "pack their spotted hanky" when they are unhappy with their environment.

Oh, and plants are a problem. the Cray will both destroy them and dig them up. they kill the plants then eat them as they rot.

do you know what "make" of cray you have?

one of ohios native I think got it from local shop said it came in with plant shippment looks like what
iused to catch from creek as a kid.

one of ohios native I think got it from local shop said it came in with plant shippment looks like what
iused to catch from creek as a kid.

oh, i need a pic.
there are 20 kinds of crayfish/crawfish living in the Ohio area. lol.

what is your setup?

I cant do pic right now no cam but its in a US 75 with a few silver dollars a glasscat a pleco they get along fine , a birchir a little redtail shark and my sunspot cat which has no problems with the cray.

I cant do pic right now no cam but its in a US 75 with a few silver dollars a glasscat a pleco they get along fine , a birchir a little redtail shark and my sunspot cat which has no problems with the cray.

ok, best of luck there, guy.

wow another person with a cray! :) yes crays will climb things. when mine were little i put a screen over the filter, now he is older (4 years!!) and he doesnt climb anymore :)... now i have to worry about the soon to be baby crays :lol:

Mine would climb the airhose and would sometimes be on the filter. I didn't have the best of luck with my crayfish with keeping fish alive. So goodluck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back