Can Anyone Recommend A Filter?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just getting back in to the hobby after a few years away. Starting small and just got myself a little 55L cube. Anyway can anyone recommend a external canister filter that will do the job for a 55L? My only requirements are that it is nice and quiet. :)

I have a Eheim Classic 150 which covers from 50 to 150 litres, thats on my 75 litre tank, pretty good and quiet.

Access to the filter is straightforward, though I would recommend to purchase double tap connectors for ease of use to get the cannister out of cabinet for maintenance.

Though think should have taken the 250 classic just in case i upgrade my tank but hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol:

Thanks! Classic 150 looks like it could be just the ticket. Hard to track down though, presumably they're discontinuing them as almost all I find are shipping from Europe.

Surprising, think Amazon sells them, eBay as well I think, anyway, should be around the £35 to £45 mark for Eheim 150, it's also known as Eheim 2211.

The Eheim 250 is also known as Eheim 2213 I think, a bit more expensive due to being a larger model. 

JBL e701 - super quiet, uses next to no electric, easy to maintain and comes with a 4 year guarentee .... and it's a reasonable price too. 

I have two e901's on my 4ft and I wouldn't switch them for any other filter even if I was paid lots of money!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back