Can anyone identify this synodontis?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Sorry if I wasn’t clear I meant as deep bodied as black widow tetras and columbian tetras, my tetras seem to be more streamlined and that could be a big problem I might move them out into a different tank when I can afford it, thank you for warning me :)
Why wouldnt they sell you them though? I'd still class these Rosies as disk tetras, things like Cardinals, Rummy Nose are torpedo shaped tetras. But I supose there is a group between the two?

Wills

Why wouldnt they sell you them though? I'd still class these Rosies as disk tetras, things like Cardinals, Rummy Nose are torpedo shaped tetras. But I supose there is a group between the two?

Wills
They said that deep bodied tetras are aggressive fin nippers? Interestingly considering I have a few black widows in my community and they dont seem to nip at anything and they classed all deep bodied tetras as this and I asked them if I could still get columbians but instead they took me to the rosy tetras and said they would be a better fit with the cichlids and the catfish so I am royally confused haha. Maybe they mistaked them for barbs? still doesn't make much sense but yeah I guess there is a new group between the two or something hahaha.

From the large eyes, and the lack of the typical dorsal fin, I am pretty sure this isn't a Synodontis eupterus. Sadly, there are so many hybrids in the trade these days, bred using hormones or manual stripping of eggs/sperm from different species, though it doesn't look like any known hybrid, so may well be a true species - check the images from HERE, you may find a match!
HTH
Martin

I've got two that look just like that that I've had for over 25 years. Bought them as upside-down catfish, but they out grew that. Mine are about 10" (250 mm) long and are very nocturnal. Hide in driftwood all day. Awesome catfish!

I've got two that look just like that that I've had for over 25 years. Bought them as upside-down catfish, but they out grew that. Mine are about 10" (250 mm) long and are very nocturnal. Hide in driftwood all day. Awesome catfish!
Mine is the exact same! Have you managed to identify yours yet? Mine barely ever comes out now as he hides in the driftwood most of the time haha.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back