Can anyone identify this critter, please?

eatyourpeas

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Caught it sliding down the aquarium wall towards the sand substrate, where it disappeared. I gave up on google image search as it keeps sending me into outer space (literally!) and can't find anything like it. It moves like a slug, just sliding. About 1.5 mm long.
1609878249140.png

Tank inhabitants are cherry shrimp, bladder snails and ramshorn snails, ostracods and copepods. Plants are all floating or epiphytes except for a baby crypto. Sand substrate, wood, no ferts. Light on for 8 hours a day.

Tank is 6 gal. fully cycled and heavily planted. Parameters are:
pH: 7.0
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 0 ppm
Temp: 78F

1609878659033.png

proabably a larva. maybe part of your macro organism environment?

It is not an egg sack. It is elongated and slid into the sand substrate like a nematode. I am still looking at creepy crawlies videos to see if I come across something similar.

It is not an egg sack. It is elongated and slid into the sand substrate like a nematode. I am still looking at creepy crawlies videos to see if I come across something
eew! probably from the plants or something. should be harmless. pls tell me if you see it again!

Hopefully I gave it the fright of his life and he died or is in comatose state in the substrate. Have not seen it since, so maybe the human ogre face worked!

My first reaction was eggs as well, which clearly it's not, so I've got nothing for you there.

But... That tank looks amazing! /jealous

My first reaction was eggs as well, which clearly it's not, so I've got nothing for you there.

But... That tank looks amazing! /jealous
Thank you @Flushable Pets and @Barry Tetra ! I am almost ready to put Nicodemus in (pea puffer). Just waiting for the berried shrimps to have the shrimplets so I can move them out of the tank, and prevent them from becoming tea treats for him. He is fine with the adults, though.

Happy day...I think it is a Politiobraineo Feastio and it is globally indigenous in the water supplies of buildings inhabited by politicians.
Ahhh, that makes sense! It feasts on unsuspecting constituents!!! Are they susceptible to bleach? Other specimens in that genus have proven to be impervious to harsh chemicals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back