Can Anyone Idebtify My New Corys?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattwhite

Reaction score
I got to new corys yesterday from my lfs.

They were labelled as 'Bee Corydoras' but I cannot find any info about them on the internet, so I think this is not their proper name.

They are the same shape as the bronze corys but about half the size. Ther body is the same colour as the bronze corys but they have a blue/green neon tinge on their flanks. The dorsal fin has a slight red/orange colour to it.

I have never seen this species before.

hi i have the same problem but i have it with loaches or flying fox i dont no which one it is because it was labeled sucking loaches but they look mor like flying fox's so i cant realy tell which one it is

I got to new corys yesterday from my lfs.

They were labelled as 'Bee Corydoras' but I cannot find any info about them on the internet, so I think this is not their proper name.

They are the same shape as the bronze corys but about half the size. Ther body is the same colour as the bronze corys but they have a blue/green neon tinge on their flanks. The dorsal fin has a slight red/orange colour to it.

I have never seen this species before.

Hi,

This site has loads of corys so it will take you a while to find yours but it will be there. http://www.nettaigyo.com/corydoras/encyc/index-e.html

Gr!m is this the fish you have http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=98998
Emma :D

thanx emma that was very helpfull they are the same fish your the best thanx

I might also consider the unfortunate fact that the cory is dyed. It happens alot with bronze corys. I could and hope I am wrong but without a pic its hard to be sure. The other option is its just juvenile form of a bronze (or green) cory, often their patterning and colour change with age.

I have a bronze cory, that the LFS calls a green cory. Anyway, mine is like you described it.

If not Corydoras aeneus, I'm wondering ... Corydoras concolor (coz of the mention of red fins)?

Crappy pic ...
P1050788concolor.sized.jpg

The pic looks very similar to my new corys but I did a search on the net and the other pics I found of this species look totally different.
???

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back