Can any suggest a fish species for my tank mates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Do you know any feeding techniques for baby fish? My neon tetra are tiny and the breeder told me they may only be a few weeks old. When i open the lid to feed the bigger fish eat the food - and the babies don't come out from hiding.

What I do for this is to crush up some quality flake food, mix it in a dish of tank water, and use a pipette to squirt it down where the fish are swimming. They will be very active picking it off.

So after you get the numbers of Tetra and danios, I would recommend getting some Cory Catfish a small species like Panda would do well make sure you have a minimum of 6. There lovely fish and they help stop alage building up on gravel. They are bottom dwellers so make sure they get food. Also not all angel fish are aggressive there a childlid most likely the tank was too small or she got aggressive one. Also don't get one for your tank it is too small to have one with other fish. And not all barbs are aggressive Cherry and dwarf gold are good examples of peaceful barbs. I would agree with the gentleman about floating plants mini water lettuce is my favourite.

Last edited:
What I do for this is to crush up some quality flake food, mix it in a dish of tank water, and use a pipette to squirt it down where the fish are swimming. They will be very active picking it off.

I tried this technique but as soon as i removed tank lid and tried to squirt they swam to the other side of tank to hide. This may be because they are new and still settling into tank?

I tried this technique but as soon as i removed tank lid and tried to squirt they swam to the other side of tank to hide. This may be because they are new and still settling into tank?

Probably. Or the opening of the tank frightened them. No matter, you can squirt the food wherever they are.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back