can any one help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
I am a ne fish person and my mollies have white spot i have gone a pit over on the medication will it hert my fish

I am a ne fish person and my mollies have white spot i have gone a pit over on the medication will it hert my fish

Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your fish has white spot disease. Could you post a photograph? This will help us indenting what we are dealing with. Throwing medication in sometimes can do more harm than good so it’s always important to make sure we’re treating our fish correctly. Good luck.

It wont let me upload it its saying its two large

You should be able to downsize the photo(s) on your computer. Don't ask me how, as different programs work differently. Once you do, then upload them here.

Has any one got a email adress i can send it to as i dont have computer only have mobile

Attachments

• IMG-20190302-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190302-WA0001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 430
You should be able to downsize the photo(s) on your computer. Don't ask me how, as different programs work differently. Once you do, then upload them here.
Hello and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your fish has white spot disease. Could you post a photograph? This will help us indenting what we are dealing with. Throwing medication in sometimes can do more harm than good so it’s always important to make sure we’re treating our fish correctly. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG-20190302-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190302-WA0001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 431

You are correct this is white spot. What are you using for treatment? It’s important to use the right amount to avoid overdosing the fish. If you think you have added to much treatment then perform a water change. Best of luck.

Heat (meaning, raising the temperature to around 86F (30 C) and possibly salt (aquarium salt, not table salt) is the safest ich treatment for many fish and certainly for mollies. But what other species are in this tank, if any?

I agree. Raising the temp and aquarium salt for 10 days is best treatment if all fish/plants are salt safe.

We don't want to confuse you, Shanice, so let me just say that if you do change treatments, a major water change (75% of the tank volume) is advisable, then raise the temperature (partly by the water change and the rest by adjusting the heater). But we still need to know what other fish beside mollies are present.

I agree with Byron. If you can avoid adding medication initially this is always best. Medication should only be added as a last resort.

The black molly has sadly died throgh the. Night. The outher thwo fish or mollies but they or the ones with the big bellys

The black molly has sadly died throgh the. Night. The outher thwo fish or mollies but they or the ones with the big bellys

How long has your tank been set up? It’s important we figure out why your fish got the disease. Ensuring water is always clean is the first step. Your best bet would be to carry out frequent water changes if your tank is new. Test the water everyday for ammonia and nitrites and change the water accordingly to if they are above 0 or not. Try the recommendations above raising the temperature and adding salt. Hopefully with these instructions and execellnt water quality your fish will get better. Regular gravel cleans are important too. Sorry to hear about your fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back