Can and should you dry out used aquarium wood??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So I recently got a new piece of amazing looking Malaysian driftwood. This piece is totally dry. But I really want to save my old wood just in case I want it in the 40g or if we can think of another use... How should l I go about drying my old pieces of wood. Two are "spider wood" and the other piece is a small mopani wood...
I would really like to save them so any ideas are welcomed
Please and thank you!

So I recently got a new piece of amazing looking Malaysian driftwood. This piece is totally dry. But I really want to save my old wood just in case I want it in the 40g or if we can think of another use... How should l I go about drying my old pieces of wood. Two are "spider wood" and the other piece is a small mopani wood...
I would really like to save them so any ideas are welcomed
Please and thank you!
I just set mine out.

So ok cool... I can just take it out and let it dry... Maybe put it on top of something outside for the first day or two and then put it in the garage....
Thank you!
Nah, nothing special...store in a dry, clean place

So ok cool... I can just take it out and let it dry... Maybe put it on top of something outside for the first day or two and then put it in the garage....
Thank you!
I would try to store inside...maybe a closet shelf, something like that, out of the way...might get polluted if kept in the garage

I would try to store inside...maybe a closet shelf, something like that, out of the way...might get polluted if kept in the garage
Well my mom may not approve of that lol...
Plus it kinda stinks when you take it out of the water... And my mom hates that smell.
What if I put it in a plastic grocery bag out in the garage??

Well my mom may not approve of that lol...
Plus it kinda stinks when you take it out of the water... And my mom hates that smell.
What if I put it in a plastic grocery bag out in the garage??
Then it won't completely dry out...good environment for mold/mildew

Should be fine
Awesome... Then I may try that with all three pieces and set it in the garage... Once it dries out enough I will put them in my personal closet so its out of my parent's way and its not sitting in the garage.

But first I want to treat my tank with hydrogen peroxide to get rid of this cyanobacteria! Got to look up dose rates per gallon...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back