can albino pleco tolerate 74-76 degree weather

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi
i have a freshwater aquarium of native north american fish. specifically rainbow darters and least darters. plus one blue spotted sunfish. the (30) tank accumulates algae. can a plecostomus tolerate that temperature range?
also the least darters adult length is 1 1/2”. they are smaller now. would a pleco (4 1/2”)
eat a small fish?

hi
i have a freshwater aquarium of native north american fish. specifically rainbow darters and least darters. plus one blue spotted sunfish. the (30) tank accumulates algae. can a plecostomus tolerate that temperature range?
also the least darters adult length is 1 1/2”. they are smaller now. would a pleco (4 1/2”)
eat a small fish?
water not weather 🙄

Depending upon the species, yes, many will be fine in the mid-70's. However, many will not touch certain species (or any species) of algae. It is never a good idea to get a fish to solve a "problem." Maintenance is safer. Plecos contribute quite a lot to the bioload as well.

Depending upon the species, yes, many will be fine in the mid-70's. However, many will not touch certain species (or any species) of algae. It is never a good idea to get a fish to solve a "problem." Maintenance is safer. Plecos contribute quite a lot to the bioload as well.
thanks. the problem is probably too much light. i read that these fish don’t like fluorescent lighting- i hav a small UVA-UVB shining about a foot and a half above the tank. the distance cuts down on extra heat. i hope that’s ok. i have lots of hiding spots- they are kinda shy.

thanks. the problem is probably too much light. i read that these fish don’t like fluorescent lighting- i hav a small UVA-UVB shining about a foot and a half above the tank. the distance cuts down on extra heat. i hope that’s ok. i have lots of hiding spots- they are kinda shy.

If you have live plants in the tank, then algae needs to be under control, and that is achieved by the light/nutrient balance. I can explain if asked. If no live plants, then algae is actually beneficial, because like higher plants it uses nutrients and produces oxygen, so it is strictly a question of personal taste how much you allow. Algae is natural and should be present in any healthy aquarium; we just want it under control especially with plants.

If you have live plants in the tank, then algae needs to be under control, and that is achieved by the light/nutrient balance. I can explain if asked. If no live plants, then algae is actually beneficial, because like higher plants it uses nutrients and produces oxygen, so it is strictly a question of personal taste how much you allow. Algae is natural and should be present in any healthy aquarium; we just want it under control especially with plants.
hi
i do have artificial plants and not a lot of algae. i feel better knowing my situation isn’t totally hamful. thanks. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back