Cameroon Fan Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lynothehammer

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

On Friday we added a Cameroon Fan Shrimp to our tank (60l tank) since then we've not seen him, having been fairly big i find it totally strange.

We've just checked the biggest ornament but he's not in there, do they dig themselves into the stones ? with our tank the lid doesn't clip on correctly and apparently is a common fault on the Ciano 60L, could it have gotten out ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i've got a worried 9 year old (my sons tank).

Cheers

Steve

Welcome to TFF

It could have escaped, yes...check the area around the tank...also, they hide very well when molting

How long has the tank been set up? These shrimp need a well-established tank with lots of floating detritus to filter-feed upon

Is there any escape route like filter intake tube where it can climb up and escape?
Or is there any tall driftwoods, plants or deco where is can climb out from the tank?

Usually shrimps are not so intelligent like crabs that can escape easily even with lid/cover.
I've never seen my Bamboo shrimps escaping from my tank though some shrimps can jump high and out of the tank.

Is there any escape route like filter intake tube where it can climb up and escape?
Or is there any tall driftwoods, plants or deco where is can climb out from the tank?

Usually shrimps are not so intelligent like crabs that can escape easily even with lid/cover.
I've never seen my Bamboo shrimps escaping from my tank though some shrimps can jump high and out of the tank.
No theres no real big gaps for him to escape. I'm hoping he's just dug himself into the stones.

Posted on Facebook and got a reply they are usually very shy for the first week or so and hide so just hoping this is the case.

Many thanks for the help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back