Came attached to some "Assorted Plants" from LFS. Need help ID-ing

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MyztixSoundZ

Reaction score
Found these when I purchased some Hornwort yesterday and I would like to know what these are to better care for them (or whether or not to put them in my blackwater tank)
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

If you are referring to the stem plant you have plucked out in the last pic, from that angle it looks like moneywort, but in an earlier pic the leaves look too long and slender, and resembles hydrophilia polysperma

Picture #1 may be a sad pice of Anahcairs, but its most likely Hornwort.

yeh first one anacharis. im not sure what is being pointed to in the third?

are two and four not the same plant?

yeh first one anacharis. im not sure what is being pointed to in the third?

are two and four not the same plant?
Not sure either...

Picture #2 looks like a more mature version of picture #4.

Yikes sorry sorry, shoulda came earlier. Now that I look at it, it is hard to tell what I'm referring ot exactly, sorry sorry. Also all of these seemed pretty different so I assumed they were just different types of plants as opposed ot different stages of the same plant.

So by what it looks like, #'s 1, 2, and 4 are all anacharis, just in different stages, and 3 is still mystery. Thanks guys, I'll take a better picture of the third one tomorrow. Also the hornwort I got yesterday is practically shedding all of its leaves now :(

Pretty sure #4 isnt anacharis

Picture 1 looks like Rotala Wallichii as does pic 3 it grows red tips in good light I have never had any luck in keeping this plant long term, 2 and 4 look like Hygrophila polysperma an easier plant to keep!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back