Calling all Plecos.....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Most of the entries are not going to win. What's important is to participate! Sometimes the background story can help get votes. And a nice clear picture also helps. More entries make the contest more interesting....just ENTER!
"Most" by that you mean all but one 🤣

They're freaky and ugly and I hate them!
Plecos are little monsters of the deep…I find my 2 Bristenose Plecos interesting to watch and they add to the fishkeeping experience. Each one has scoped out their own territory on opposite ends of my 29 gallon tank.

Last edited:
Sigh, with having a course gravel substrate I can't see adding a pleco but I love the things. I LOVE the armored appearance and they are actually armored with bone plates. Even a common pleco with tail and dorsal fully extended they are glorious.

They also need a little respect as they have been around for 75-100 million years. Just totally amazing critters!

Interesting facts: (from answer.com)
The average healthy common pleco can live up to 30 years, but others (such as the bristlenose pleco) only live up to about 12 years

I might "try" and take a photo of a BN....however there is a very real danger of that "one" being photobombed by around 20 or so others......

Being inundated with babies is no fun, they move way too fast to catch. I sat watching my BN horde, they range from 1" long to around 2.5" long and all scarily healthy, already rehomed around 50+ of the damned things, including the parents. My substrate is moving...literally moving with baby BN's.

If I can find them then I might enter 😂

But I haven’t seen one of them in at least a month so… don’t think he’s very photogenic.

But I got a baby almost-albino bristlenose who never ever sleeps. I really gotta google if bristlenose are nocturnal or not. Bc if they are then my albino is a terrifying force of nature who never ever rests and might be running on spite. He’s just a vroom vroom lawnmower. Very photogenic this one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back